All About The Garden
Skills For Growing
The knowledge and techniques you need for successful vegetable growing, based on Charles’ decades of experience
- Grow vegetables easily throughout the year
- Use time creatively to maximize growth
- Learn cost-effective and productive-per-area methods
- Learn to plan, sow, multisow, transplant, space, water, harvest, and succeed with succession
- Improve growth while working alongside nature
Master gardener Charles Dowding explains the skills and understandings you need for successful growing. His approach sometimes diverges from the mainstream because he assays and develop new or lesser-known methods, for easier and better results.
Skills for Growing illustrates how you create planting plans and advises on succession and rotation, interplanting and multisowing, how to propagate plants and quick ways to set them in the ground.
It gives detailed information on spacing, harvesting methods and timings, watering, and using covers for both warmth and pest protection.